Thursday, September 23, 2010

Obsessed

I have an obsessive personality. I come by it honestly as most of the women in my family have this same trait. What this means is that when we get something on our minds we kind of beat it to death until we've either solved the problem, researched the dilemma or trip or thing we want to do to death, or bought whatever it was we were obsessed about. Currently I am obsessing about our upcoming trip to Disney World. I have bought travel guides, subscribed to the touring plans website, stalked the Disney message boards, bought a new backpack (of course, after obsessively evaluating my options and making a trip to North Dallas to try some on)and even started scrapbooking our 2009 trip (and yes I also found a Disney related message board to support that habit.) I've printed off calendars, made dining reservations and made packing lists. I've evaluated refillable water containers, bought glow sticks (for the parks at night), and searched for and bought a small, travel size "noisemaker" (ie. a white noise machine for those of you not used to my terminology) for the hotel room. I'm obsessing about what Caleb and I are going to wear to the Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party that we will be attending one of the nights that we are there. I know it will be warm so the costume can't be too hot. We'll be riding rides so it can't be too constricting, and I'd like it to be Disney themed. I've even started dreaming about all of these obsessions. I dreamt the other night that we got there and I hadn't packed anything that was on the list-Oh the horror!

So, I will share with you a few of the scrapbook pages I've done. My original idea was to do a pretty basic digital album just to get everything documented and the album done. However, after finding the Disney scrapbooking message board all that changed and now I want it to be more elaborate. Why can't I ever be satisfied with easy?



No comments:

Post a Comment