In honor of Caleb's 3rd birthday, I felt it was time to finally finish his first year album. LOL. I don't scrap in order and just do what interests me at the time but I was ready to get the first year wrapped up. I ended up with 3, yes 3 albums for his first year. The first one chronicles my pregnancy all the way up to him going home from the hospital. The second one goes through his fifth month, and then I finally got smart and got a 3 ring album for the rest of the year. It is packed with layouts. I guess his first year will be very well documented. So, all I had left was the title page and the last page. I used CTMH Animal Cookies L2 paper-I love this pack. I also used the stickease and some Dimensional Elements. I covered the DE in stickles for the sparkle effect. I used a sketch in Becky Fleck's Page Maps book for this layout. That's the first time I've used a sketch out of that book. I really wish she had included the dimensions of all the papers she used on the layouts. There are some cute ideas in her book, but I found it difficult to duplicate the sketch because of the lack of dimensions.

And here is the last page. When I started it, I intended for the title to be "What a Year". After I started printing the pics for it, I decided that it needed to be "Oh How I Love This Face!" The title was cut using All Mixed Up and was welded in Design Studio. I used the foam numbers from CTMH for the numbers. These are pics of him at 2, 4, 6, 8, 10, and 12 months. The "months old" was cut with Opposites Attract and was also welded in Design Studio.

Now if I could just get his second and third years done I'd be doing good!
No comments:
Post a Comment