Monday, May 11, 2009

Massive project-FInally finished!

I agreed to do 9 altered clipboards for the teachers at my son's preschool. I guess that wasn't real smart since I'd never done one, but I figured that they wouldn't be hard to do. Boy, was I wrong! I had so many problems from the start. I used my tape runner to adhere the paper to the board on the first one that I did. After I did that I discovered that when using Mod Podge on top of a project you also need to use it to adhere the paper to your project or your paper will bubble. Lovely. Second problem was that I tried stamping on it. Guess what? Mod Podge smeared the ink. So, lesson to self, don't stamp or ink on something if you plan to mod podge it. I ended up completely redoing the first one. Then to add to the dilemma, the CTMH clipboards are a weird size. They are 12 and 1/2 by 14 and 1/2. So to get the border across the bottom, I cut the 12x12 cardstock diagonally from corner to corner and then the cardstock was long enough to go across the bottom. I was pretty pleased with the end product despite the numerous problems. I used the Animal Cookies paper from Close To My Heart to cover the boards. I cut the flowers on my cricut using George, the letters were cut using Alphalicious, and the words on the back of the boards were cut using Graphically Speaking. So without further ado, here they are:
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
CTMH,Artboards,Animal Cookies

I put a poem on the back and this is what it says:

One Hundred Years From Now
by Forest Witcraft

One hundred years from now
it will not matter
what kind of car I drove,
what kind of house I lived in,
how much money was in my
bank account,
nor what my clothes looked like.
But, the world may be a better place
because I was important
in the life of a child.
Photobucket
Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. I first saw these on the Cricut MB, and just want you to know that you did a fantastic job. Is there any way you would share the writing in the center back with us? You can PM me at
    rkv@embarqmail.com
    Thanks, Karen Varney

    ReplyDelete
  2. these are great. i know the teachers loved them.

    ReplyDelete